NBT strives to cultivate a positive work environment that promotes pride and teamwork while recognizing achievement. The company will reward employees who think like owners and exhibit the initiative necessary to ensure our growth and continued success. The following values shape our corporate culture and influence attitudes and behaviors.
Our Corporate Values
- We strive to become trusted advisors and create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers
- We recognize that the only sustainable competitive advantage we have is the quality of our people and the service they provide
- We encourage employee feedback and ideas that will improve the customer experience and the profitability of our company
- We recognize the value of diversity and the uniqueness of individuals
- We treat everyone with dignity and courtesy
- We encourage open communication throughout the organization
- We promote a positive team environment in pursuit of common goals
- We recognize that we can accomplish greater things working together than alone
- We embrace the highest ethical standards in our business practices, our dealings with customers and our dealings with each other
- We build leaders with character
- A positive attitude is nurtured by a positive work environment
- We foster a sense of family and show compassion for each other
- We believe in having fun while at work
- We take pride in our work and in our company
- Our company seeks to be a good corporate citizen by continuing its generosity with sponsorships and contributions
- Our employees are encouraged to volunteer in community activities which support local organizations and build ongoing relationships
- We accept responsibility and accountability for our actions and results
- We take initiative to solve problems
Diversity and Inclusion
A diverse workforce is a more productive and innovative workforce. We strive to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion, where people from all backgrounds and experiences can reach their maximum potential.
NBT Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our reputation serves as the basis of the trust our customers place in us. We, at NBT, have the privilege of earning and protecting that reputation every day. We are committed to conducting business according to the highest ethical standards. Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is key resource that guides our team members.
CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
We value your life experience and recognize that your fresh perspective can bring new insight to the routine.
NBT Bank offers exciting employment opportunities in all areas of our company, from front-line customer service positions in retail, commercial banking and wealth management to openings in essential support functions such as banking operations, finance, lending, technology services and many other areas.
Your prior work experience could prove to be a great asset!
NBT Bank is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports a diversified environment.
We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status,
recently separated veterans, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking or
any other class protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy applies to all terms of employment.